AEDC has worked with a variety of businesses and projects that helped preserve, expand and create new jobs and business opportunities in the City of Allentown. Projects included the:
- Musselman Arts Building at 6th and Hamilton that is now home to Youth Education in the Arts and the Cadets and Cadets II drum and bugle corps, US Bands and several other youth-oriented music and dance organizations;
- The Donley Center in the 700 block of Hamilton Street that is now home to the Lehigh Carbon Community College Allentown campus;
- The Butz Building at 9th and Hamilton streets that is now home to the Alvin H. Butz Co., Discover Lehigh Valley, the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Stoudt Financial Services;
- The Allentown Brew Works, a regional microbrewery and restaurant;
- PPL Plaza, home to the energy marketing and energy services offices of international utility giant PPL Inc.;
- PPL Center, (under construction) soon to be home to the AHL Lehigh Valley Phantoms, the top minor league affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers ice hockey team; City Center Properties (under construction);
- (Underway) Remediation and rehabilitation of the Allentown Metal Works on S. 10th Street adjacent to the Bridgeworks complex.