Bridgeworks Enterprise Center
AEDC’s Bridgeworks Enterprise Center has been a proud member of the International Business Innovation Association since 1989.
Founded in 1989 in the refurbished former Mack Trucks Plant 4A, the 64,000 square-foot Bridgeworks Enterprise Center is the only business incubator in the Lehigh Valley dedicated primarily to manufacturing startups.
Though the focus is manufacturing, that does not preclude the inclusion of technology, since it has been incorporated into every aspect of the manufacturing process from design to automated robotics to marketing and sales. Bridgeworks Enterprise Center clients fall right in line with this trend, everything from advanced plastic polymer formulation to sophisticated design engineering and rapid prototyping techniques.
The goal of the business incubation program at the Bridgeworks Enterprise Center is to provide the resources to help startups move from the launch process to self-sustaining profitability, then to graduate them into the City of Allentown or into a suitable site within the greater Lehigh Valley.
Benefits of the business incubation program include:
- Shared conference rooms with conference call and video projection equipment available.
- Shared machine shop with a lathe, mill and drill press with tooling.
- Common area indoor loading dock capable of handling a 53-foot tractor trailer. A fork truck and several pallet jacks are available for shared use.
- Mentoring and advisory services from both AEDC staff members and a network of experienced and knowledgeable service professionals such as lawyers, accountants, consultants, angel investors, and others.
- Regular training sessions on pertinent topics relevant to a startup company.